This page highlights my experience working with data. During my studies, it became useful to learn R Statistics in order to complete my dissertation research. I caught the bug immediately, and coding continues to be my favorite part of my research projects. I now have five years of experience using R for data analysis, visualization, and web data scraping.
Data Science Experience
- Five years experience working with R Statistics, including deep experience with the Tidyverse package set for analysis and visualization. The Tidyverse includes packages like ggplot2, dplyr, readr, and many more.
- Four years experience working with Qualtrics Survey software and Amazon Mechanical Turk. Have also worked with Opinio, Google Forms, Survey Monkey, and a few other survey questionnaire packages.
- Some experience using Git, Github, and LaTeX. Always looking for opportunities to expand my knowledge in those domains.
- Some exposure and interest in Python and Apple's Swift.
Some Work Samples
1. Discussing Politics with Your Parent (Student Project)
This is a poster presentation developed with my student, Sarahanne, from Rhodes College. We look at survey data about how comfortable children are with discussing politics, and there are some interesting findings!
2. Student-centered Data Analysis with Amazon Mechanical Turk
This is a quick slideshow presentation that describes a four-part research project conducted with students at Rhodes College in the fall of 2015. Many examples of data visualization.
3. Data Visualizations from Disgust & Politics
These are two scatterplots of data from my disgust work. It includes the applicable R code, and it also features the (extremely) popular R package ggplot2. This work eventually found its way to Prof. Kahan's (Yale) blog.